Kill your Calendar (over the Holidays) - Digital Literacy Dover

Monday 9 December 2013

Kill your Calendar (over the Holidays)



I don't know about you, but I don't particularly appreciate it when my iPhone AND iPad AND MacBook bleep in cacophonous union to remind that I have a meeting at 8:00am, when it's 3:30am in the UK, especially not when I'm suffering from jetlag, and that is now the end of THAT night's sleep, thank you very much.

Well, getting your school calendar to take a holiday when you do is not difficult, when you know how, but isn't that often the case?

Here's how:

As your calendars are in 'the cloud' you can safely delete them from any device, and just restore them when you get back. So go to ...


Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars


Now select the account that has the calendar you wish to kill, and you will see this:



Slide the switch to kill the Calendar


This is the part where people panic, it's OK, just delete it. Trust me. 



All it does is turn the calendar off, not quite so scary sounding is it? 


Now all you have to do is reverse this when you get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment