A little lovin' for Equations in Google Docs - Digital Literacy Dover

Thursday 5 January 2012

A little lovin' for Equations in Google Docs


I've been toying with equation editing in MS Word (it's been an uneventful but productive term break) and noticed a nice little nugget tucked away within Google Docs.
Not that this is anything new, but if you're like me, you're not having a fun time playing the mathematical equation version of Where's Wally.

I'm a text based thinker. So for those of you out there who, like me, type faster than we spot symbols, I present to you:


Sample:
equation symbol\times
equation symbol\div
equation symbol\pm
equation symbol\mp
equation symbol\dagger
equation symbol\ddagger

On a personal note, if someone explained where daggers come in to equations outside of medieval politics I would be deeply appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment